Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independently Innocent

This past Fourth of July is the first one I can remember in a long time that we haven't been out of town. We spent the day with family while Shawn worked on the house and my parents did some odd and end jobs around their house. First of all, however, we started the day off right.... blueberry pancakes and bacon outside.... just as if we were camping. =)

Behind my parents house is a rather large area dug out and filled with sand. The previous owners of their house had a large swingset placed in that spot. It had become overgrown and needed cleaning out, which my dad had completed the day before. Well, after a little encouragement, Alexandar fell in love with the sand. He did not fall in love with the feeling of sand all over him. Which caused him to strip down not just to his diaper, but completely down to nothing! I won't post the pictures I took of him on here, butt (yes, misspelled on purpose) they were quite cute. He threw sand all over and and greatly enjoyed the shovel. That boy spent the greater part of his day in the sand. He enjoyed pulling the wagon all over and we had to convince him that was best left to the back yard and not in the front!

Which is when it really struck me that he is so innocent at this young age. He has no embarrassment of walking around without any clothes and is completely comfortable going pee pee on the tree in front of everyone. (No, daddy didn't teach him to do this.... I did, surprisingly enough, as I didn't want him to realize he had that ability for awhile. But, being out in the sand sans all clothing, I figured it was the lesser of the two evils: pee in the sand or on the tree.) His pure innocence is something I wish he could hold onto forever, but knowing that's impossible, I'll settle for the smile it brings to my face when I see him strip down to nothing. He's like his mama, I'm told, as I did the same thing at his age!

No comments: