Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Update

Last week I had a doctor's appointment-- my normal 32 week appointment. However, this appointment revealed much information. The last time I had gone to the doctor at 28 weeks, I did my glucose testing for gestational diabetes. This revealed that my blood sugar was actually low and that my iron levels were low. They asked me to start taking iron pills (which I have been doing on and off). I didn't know how low my blood sugar was though until I went to the doctor this time, and he told me I was borderline hypoglycemic. Ah ha! That explains why I feel so weak and dizzy when it's been a few hours since I've eaten. He also discovered that Baby Girl Graham is breech. Considering how late in the game we are and that Benjamin turned sideways during delivery, the chances of her turning around are not very high. (Speaking of which, she is turning somersaults in my belly as I type.... does she know she's being talked about??) Which again, explains a lot... like why I am so uncomfortable, out of breath all the time, and why she looks so high. The one thing we want to remain low, my blood pressure, still is! I think it was around 105/64???

Despite the fact that mommy is having some issues, she is doing great! When the nurse checked her heartbeat we were touching my belly and her heart was racing about 20 beats per minute higher than normal. When we stopped "messing with her," it returned to where it should be, and then went way up as soon as we touched her again. It was very cool to see how she responded to touch, even in utero, which made me realize how much we all need human contact on a daily basis.

I had also pretty much decided to go with another c-section, and with her breech, it seems likely that that'll be my only option. Funny, I was ok with a c-section until learning that it might be my only choice. So, as of right now, we are set to deliver on September 10, 2:00 PM. I still think that she'll decide to come earlier than that, and I hope so. I really wanted to schedule for 9/9/09 but the schedule was already full. I hope she comes on that day just to say "HA HA!" =)

No comments: