Monday, November 24, 2008

Boys Boys Boys

Nothing much is new with the little guys, but to an outside, they may see more changes than I do since I'm with my boys 24/7. Benjamin has slept through the night twice now, but with all the disorganization of last week and him being sick, I think he did very well. Now, if we can just get his crib moved to the boys' room, all will be well. It's a toss up as to who it is going to be harder for, Benjamin or Mommy. I know both boys will adjust to having a roommate, but it's the going through the adjustment part that I'm dreading. Plus nap times, and when Ben is napping but Alexandar isn't, he can no longer play in his room.... just a lot to adjust to. If we had a bigger house and I could put all toys in a play room, that would be one thing.

My biggest boy (that would be my husband =) ) took me out on a date Saturday night. Woo hoo! He asked me out and everything. We never were able to really date because our relationship was always long distance, but having dated besides Shawn.... it is a lot different dating when you are married. It's next to impossible to get really when you have two small boys clammering for your attention and the eldest watching your every move as you apply make-up and wanting to smear it on his own face. (I'm TOTALLY not worried that he is going to want to cross-dress or whatever.... he's not quite 2 and doesn't understand that it's just for girls... he just wants to do EVERYTHING like Mommy.) And I don't know where all my cute and sexy clothes went to after getting married, but I have nothing to wear! I mean, I have clothes and I do NOT have the "mom jeans" that taper at the ankle and are so high cut around the waist that you nearly cover your entire stomach. I'm thinking that more of the sexy stuff is summer season (which lasts for 3 weeks around here) and that's why I'm not finding much. Anywho.... (sorry for the ramble) we went Christmas browsing and out for dinner. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and had some wings (duh) which were a whole lot spicier than I remember. Last time I had the same flavor (Asian Zing) I was pregnant and they did not taste nearly as spicy. They are pretty good as far as wings go, but they just don't compare with the places in Georgia. Anyhow, we had fun and came home to a house of sleeping boys, which was wonderful. And, that was a night Benjamin slept all the way through!!

1 comment:

Amanda Pittman said...

woohoo for date night!! And woohoo for sleeping through the night on date night!! That's very exciting:)

Its hard to move them out of your room, isn't it?! Can Alexandar climb into the crib? We had issues with that, but we have that under control now. Bella has also learned that she must be quiet in her room during naptime, but she's also 3, so that helps. Good luck!