Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Miracles from unexpected places

We made the financial decision a few weeks ago to sell the Go-Kart. Shawn took it on trade for some work he did several years ago when he ran a small engine repair shop. It required maybe $50 in repair and we've used it quite a bit at my parents. We didn't necessarily want to sell it, but thought it better to pay off some things than to have it. Well, someone bought it today! He lives on the west side of the state, just driving through today. He offered $200 less than we were asking, and we met in the middle at $600. He asked why we were selling it, and I said for financial reasons. The kids do enjoy it, but we don't need it right now. He decided he did want to purchase it, as long as it wouldn't make our kids upset. I just explained that they would be fine and it wasn't a big deal, we still have a quad they can drive around. When he handed me the cash to count, I just glanced through and thought it was ok. He said he liked the sign on our church, I'm not sure what quote is up there, but talked about his Friday bible study and praying for our country's leaders. I was quite impressed and thought that it isn't often you meet someone in that way who shares your values. A few minutes after he left, I thought I'd count the money for real just to see that it was accurate, and discovered we had $50 too much. I was at my parents' house (they live on a main highway, which is why we put it out for sale there) and didn't have the man's number, so I called Shawn to see if he did on his phone and explained to him what happened. He did, and called the gentleman to let him know of the overage. The explaination he received was that it wasn't a mistake, it was a gift to maybe get something for the boys. Wow. A complete stranger. I am just in awe at the way God answers our prayers, even from a very unexpected place.

No comments: